What is a Grenlive home?
A Grenlive home is an eco-friendly apartment built over a ‘recycled’ old house that has been renovated, modernized and turned into a building fitted with eco-friendly systems. At Grenlive we are looking for projects that can offer consumers the alternative to live in an eco-friendly home at affordable prices.
Eco-friendly living is a lifestyle based on using our resources wisely when it comes to our everyday life. It involves being aware of the impact of our consumption and waste (electricity generation, water utilisation, waste disposal, etc.) and using technology to effortlessly amend our behaviour to offset this impact.
Why our homes are eco-friendly?
• Reduce CO2 emissions from electric power usage to a very low or neutral level through the following two approaches:
• Efficient winter heating through good house isolation and installation of energy-efficient heating systems such as gas-powered (if the house has achieved electric power independence trough renewable power sources as per the previous point, then electricity-powered heating may be used).
• Limit water waste through efficient water usage installations (efficient shower heads, taps, and toilet). Furthermore, reduce clean water usage through a water re-usage installation for toilets and plant watering. The water re-usage system will be complemented by a rainwater collection system where possible.
• Waste separation facilities will be provided as per the government standards and regulations.
Benefits of living in an eco-friendly home
Benefits to the environment
• Reduction in environmental pollution derived from material manufacturing and transportation due to material re-usage and recycling.
• Lower impact of eco-friendly building materials.
• CO2 reduction (33-39%) form energy, water and gas consumption.
• Improved waste management and water wastage.
• Improved water re-absorption into the ground.
• Oxygen increase generated by green roof gardens.
Benefits to inhabitants
• Health benefits of living in a cleaner environment with lower noise pollution.
Grenlive GmbH & CoKG 2013 © All Rights Reserved / Impressum